Well we are finally getting there.
The www.velocite-bikes.com website is now officially open!
There are a few issues however that I will list here:
- The website is actually not finished – it is about 80% done, but I would like testing and load feedback to start coming in so that we can start tuning it
- Notable deficiencies are a lack of 3D View, or incorrect destination. We are working on this now, but due to the complexity it will take possibly another 5 days to get this done
- Many modules are turned off so some of the pages look a bit simplistic. We will enable additional functionality over time keeping in mind that we do not want to slow down the site too much
- Google Friend Connect is embedded into the code and their feature range keeps growing so we will add more functions over time, for example Picasa galleries, and various other hosted applications
- Shop is not online yet, but I am hoping to get that up and running by the end of the week
Anyone that originally offered to help us test the site, go ahead and tell me what is broken and what the performance is like.
Known bug: Firefox has issues with GFC (Google Friend Connect) user bar. It keeps opening and closing on its own once you open it. To stop that, hunt the options down arrow and click on it. Firefox blames Mootools bug for this behaviour, but Chrome and indeed IE (incredibly) do not have this problem